As we carefully screen our temporary employees, Manpower conducts the following background checks, as appropriate:
- U.S. Employment Eligibility Verification: as the legal employer, we verify identity and U.S. employment eligibility for every employee and complete all necessary documentation as required by federal law, including the Form I-9
- Work History Verification: Manpower checks an applicant's work references by mailing Reference Request Forms to previous employers or contacting former employers by telephone; for legal reasons, Manpower obtains the applicant's written consent for the release of this information
Supplemental Background Checks
Through our national partnership with a background-screening firm, Manpower is equipped to match the background checking procedures our customers use to screen their permanent hires. As requested, we will administer background checks on our employees, and we will pass through our costs of such services to our customer. Some of the most common supplemental background checks we can administer include:
- Review of Criminal Conviction History: performed at the county or state level to check applicants for any convictions or both felony and related misdemeanor convictions; includes a verification of the applicant's social security number
- Review of Department of Motor Vehicle Records: can check an applicant's driving history, by state, to determine the current status of that individual's driver's license; reveals any driving violations, convictions, or accidents for the period of time available from a state's repository of motor vehicle records
- Educational Record Verification: verifies educational information including degrees and dates of attendance at an educational institution; Manpower can also verify the status of any claimed credential or professional license
- Employment History: formal, documented, in-depth check of our employees' work history; includes interviews with former employers to verify information such as dates of employment, position, duties, salary, reason for leaving, eligibility for rehire
- National Credit File Check: through the largest credit bureau in the country, we access a full credit report, including on payment histories, bankruptcy proceedings, collection accounts, and civil litigation records
- Drug Screening: Manpower can screen our employees through a five- or ten-panel drug test as requested to ensure that our employees meet your drug-free standards
If there are any checks not listed above that your company performs as a standard screening tool, we have the resources to match most of your requirements.
Contact your local Manpower Professional office at (518) 374-7796 for more information.
^ Go to Top